EXTENDED DEADLINE: You still have time to submit your conference proposal! The new due date is Tuesday Feb 1, 2022. Submit your conference proposal now for the FANHS 2022 National Conference to be held on August 11-13, 2022! For more detailed information, go to https://fanhs-seattle.org/call-for-proposals/
Watch the video recording of the November 11, 2021 Veterans Day Presentation:
On Veterans Day, Thursday November 11, 2021 at 3 pm PT, to honor those who served, Filipino American National Historical Society – Greater Seattle Chapter presented the stories of veterans of the Vietnam War who grew up and live in our Filipino American community in the Greater Seattle area.
- Moderator Larry Alcantara served in the US Marines, 3rd Marine Division (Vietnam 1967 – 1968): “These are deeply personal stories of the intersection of humanity and war. Not found in books nor movies. Veterans mostly do not talk about their service. Here you get a rare peek into the room…. History which is not taught in school, personal history rarely talked about. A rare glimpse inside with those who served as boots on the ground.”
- Carlito delos Santos served in the US Marines, Force Logistics Support Group Alpha (Vietnam 1967 to 1969)
- Norm Dumlao served in the US Army, 8th Air Cavalry (Vietnam 1968 – 1969)
- Benjamin C. Presas served in the US Army, 48th Helicopter Company (Vietnam 1969 – 1970)
- Vince Visaya served in the US Air Force, 56th Air Commando Group (Vietnam 1969 – 1970)
- FANHS Filipino American Vietnam Veterans Oral History Project Coordinator John Ragudos served in the US Army, 278th Signal Company (Vietnam 1969 to 1970)
Thank you for your service. Welcome home.
On August 11 – 13, 2022, the FANHS National biennial conference comes back home to Seattle, Washington!
Please join us on Saturday May 22, 2021 at 6 pm Pacific when FANHS Greater Seattle Chapter will host a Zoom event for the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. “What’s Going On: Filipino American Perspectives on Anti-Asian Hate” will feature a panel of multigenerational Filipino Americans and their views on anti-Asian discrimination and violence. Co-sponsored by FAPAGOW (Filipino American Political Action Group of Washington), FAEW (Filipino American Educators of Washington), and FCS (Filipino Community of Seattle). This will be an ASL interpreted event.