Lots of questions coming in, so trying to keep the Frequently Asked Questions page updated! Check it out! (Latest questions: how do we know where and how to check in to Campus Housing? What time is breakfast, lunch, and dinner on campus?)
We appreciate your patience as we finalize conference planning during a pandemic. It’s complicated! Checkout the latest information here on our conference web page: Conference.
New for May 16: 10 rooms available at the Crowne Plaza for a discount. See Hotels/Travel
Please also read through the latest updated pages:
Campus Housing/Meals — New information on how to add more types of meals & private restrooms in Campus Housing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Coming soon: Volunteer Signup! (Must be registered for this conference.)
The 19th Biennial Filipino American National Historical Society (FANHS) National conference committee
Watch the video recording of the November 11, 2021 Veterans Day Presentation:
On Veterans Day, Thursday November 11, 2021 at 3 pm PT, to honor those who served, Filipino American National Historical Society – Greater Seattle Chapter presented the stories of veterans of the Vietnam War who grew up and live in our Filipino American community in the Greater Seattle area.
- Moderator Larry Alcantara served in the US Marines, 3rd Marine Division (Vietnam 1967 – 1968): “These are deeply personal stories of the intersection of humanity and war. Not found in books nor movies. Veterans mostly do not talk about their service. Here you get a rare peek into the room…. History which is not taught in school, personal history rarely talked about. A rare glimpse inside with those who served as boots on the ground.”
- Carlito delos Santos served in the US Marines, Force Logistics Support Group Alpha (Vietnam 1967 to 1969)
- Norm Dumlao served in the US Army, 8th Air Cavalry (Vietnam 1968 – 1969)
- Benjamin C. Presas served in the US Army, 48th Helicopter Company (Vietnam 1969 – 1970)
- Vince Visaya served in the US Air Force, 56th Air Commando Group (Vietnam 1969 – 1970)
- FANHS Filipino American Vietnam Veterans Oral History Project Coordinator John Ragudos served in the US Army, 278th Signal Company (Vietnam 1969 to 1970)
Thank you for your service. Welcome home.