Due Date: January 15, 2022
The FANHS 19th Biennial Conference will be held August 11-13, 2022 at Seattle University located at 901 12th Ave in Seattle. Visit https://fanhs-seattle.org/conference/ for more information.
The year 2022 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Filipino American National Historical Society (FANHS). This year’s conference theme is FANHS 40: Past, Present, Future. We are looking for conference proposals that:
- Remember, revisit, and reclaim the rich history of Filipino Americans.
- Share current research projects and learn how historical issues still affect us today.
- Provide workshops on how to collect, disseminate, and preserve history for the future.
Proposals may be submitted for:
- Individual papers or presentations (to be grouped with other individual submissions)
- Panels (three or four papers or presentations on a single topic)
- Roundtables (several individuals presenting personal accounts of specific historical events or experiences)
- Workshops (teaching research techniques or sharing research skills or sources)
- Film Screening (full or partial film screening and Q&A with audience)
Proposals are a synopsis (500 word limit) of your presentation topic. Panels or Roundtables with multiple presenters should submit only one Proposal/Google Form for the whole group. Older presentations and those that were accepted for the FANHS 2020 Conference in Hawaiʻi are also welcome. Please include contact information and a brief Bio (100 word limit) for all presenters.
To submit a proposal, please fill out the proposal form online: https://bit.ly/FANHS-CFP.
If you have any other questions, feel free to email FANHSproposals2022@gmail.com.
Note on Proposals and Conference Registration:
Since FANHS is a completely volunteer-run, non-profit organization, conference presenters/participants are expected to pay conference registration fees prior to the conference in order to be listed in the program. FANHS does not turn away presenters for lack-of-funds; please consult with the conference committee for volunteer or payment options and/or your local chapter or trustee about fundraising strategies. A limited number of student scholarships may also be available. (Conference Registration Forms will be available in Winter 2022.)